Southside Elementary School Auditorium Renovation
The Grady County Board of Education selected Raymond C. Finger Architects, LLC to design the renovation of this historic Auditorium for Southside Elementary School in Cairo, Georgia. The building was constructed in 1922 as Cairo High School. For the last several decades, it has been home to Southside Elementary School. The building housed the administrative offices, a few classrooms upstairs and the main 8000 sqft auditorium space. The space has been remodeled to provide a new two-story lobby space with the original v-joint board ceilings exposed, a new ticketing office, and new restrooms. The renovation of the main auditorium space was designed to maintain the original 1920's aesthetic.